MLAG INDEMNITY through
United India Insurance Company Ltd
- MLAG has renegotiated with United India Insurance Company and MLAG Indemnity will henceforth provide THROUGH THIS (DIFFERENT FROM PREVIOUS) INSURER the following benefits;
- 60 % discount on rack rates of Public Sector Insurers both in Professional Indemnity Insurance as well as Errors and Omission Policy for Establishments (Discount was 35% with MLAG Indemnity previously)
- Retroactive date coverage continued even if previously insured by different insurer (Copy of previous policy should be attached with proposal form). Exception is if there is any claim or incident likely to result in claim outstanding under which circumstances retrospective cover will not be provided.
- Even lapsed policies can be revived on paying a loading charges of 25% only if no notice alleging negligence has been received during the lapsed period.
- Coverage for Cosmetic surgery with 75 % Loading on the premium (This had been scrapped by our previous insurers)
- Cases related to HIV will be excluded from our policy as per change in agreement done recently bu UIIC
- Advocate will be provided for consumer court as well as for cases of alleged criminal negligence. (Criminal cases were not previously covered)
- Criminal cases filed against doctors which are for issues listed as exclusions where doctor is later exonerated by court even in these cases legal fee will be paid as per schedule.
- Rates of empanelled advocates increased to 40000 / 60000 / 80000 for DF / SCDRC / NCDRC plus expenses, thus allowing good quality advocates to be empanelled (Earlier these rates were Rs 12000 to 24000).
- Also earlier the insurance company and the doctor would both be represented by same advocate hence there would be a conflict of interest. Now Insurance Company need not be a party in case so only doctor will be represented by the advocate provided by the insurers through MLAG with time to time intimation to Insurance Company.
- By agreement Insurance company will have to pay any compensation awarded by court within time frame prescribed by court upon proper intimation without asking the doctor to first pay the compensation.
- Advocates fee will be directly paid by insurers even if you do not want the advocate provided by MLAG/UIIC but choose your own advocate from among the panel notified
- Advocates fee will be directly paid by insurers even if you do not want the advocate provided by MLAG/UIIC but choose your own advocate outside the panel notified with prior approval.
- Travel expenses for going to NCDRC for court proceedings including stay will be provided to advocate and insured . Train fare for shorter journey and economy airfare for longer journey. Stay upto Rs 2000 per day. (This was not provided earlier)
- Out of Court settlement upto 5 lacs after due process will be covered. This will have to go through monitoring committee.
- Unlimited coverage available ; You can take policies of 10 crore if you want and this amount will be paid for any individual case (AOA;AOY is 1:1)
- Error and Omission policy OPD patients will be charged 1 Rs per patient with 60% discount (Discount was 35 % earlier)
- MLAG supervision, guidance, facilitation and assistance in all the cases
- Taking Indemnity Insurance through MLAG helps MLAG to raise funds to seek legal redressal for common cause issues adversely effecting medical profession
- THE ADVANTAGES OF MLAG INDEMNITY ARE AVAILABLE ONLY TO MEMBERS OF MEDICOS LEGAL ACTION GROUP.
- PREMIUM FOR INDEMNITY INSURANCE OF SURGEON / GYNAECOLOGIST
50 lacs 1 crore
- Rate to be charged from Non MLAG Member 9945 14890
- Rate to be charged from MLAG member 5945 10890
- Inclusive of MLAG membership, unqualified attendant risk cover and Service Tax
- We will start accepting new MLAG Indemnity Insurance requests after 15th April
MLAG Indemnity is no different from other professional Indemnity Insurance policies because ultimately it is issued to individual doctors by United India Insurance Company except that having been negotiated as a group we have got a better deal from the insurers and can deal with insurers better.
Please ensure that you send your adhaar card along with proposal form for issuance of policies.
- You get help from MLAG members and trustees in preparation of your replies
- Once we are stronger we will hire our own advocates to provide better services to members.
- As a Group we can deal with insurance companies better than you can as an individual
- You support common cause of doctors by helping strengthen hands of MLAG
Life Membership fee of MLAG is currently 5000 (with Rs 1000 per year annual charges from 2nd year onwards). This membership not only now gives you personal monetary benefits but also helps us pursue the actual goal of engaging with Govt agencies and others on issues which adversely affect medical profession. By becoming a member you contribute towards this common cause besides any discounts we are able to get for you. Intitially we were limiting the MLAG Indemnity to Punjab, Haryana , UT and Himachal Pradesh only but now even doctors from far off places are availing the benefits.